Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A New Year, A New Home, A New Beginning or the end to nonexistent plumbing and Eazy Bake Ovens...

Christmas has come and gone, as well as a few holidays in between...but this story starts on my birthday which is on Festivus (I bet you would have never guessed I was a Festivus miracle).  On my birthday I had to go to the gym in order to shower...not to work out then shower...just to shower.  My shower was backed up...not fun and I had family coming over for Christmas Eve dinner.  So with and inoperable bathroom, I went to the gym to shower.

Sean (the beau) stayed home waiting for the plumber the guy's (my landlords) had called.  All I was hoping for was a working bathroom for the next day so we could clean it and get ready for Christmas Eve dinner.  The plumber showed up and basically told us that the apartment was a wartime build and that the pipes were gone and had to replaced in the back.  *sigh*  Thankfully, he got us to a working bathroom by the next day, so I could prepare what would be my last big meal in my uber small oven.

Coq Au Vin with Asparagus at Christmas Eve Dinner
Closeup of Coq Au Vin with Asparagus at Christmas Eve Dinner  

The plumber would visit 2 more times...I had to knock on my sister's door and ask to take a shower at her place.  We felt displaced, this apartment, though quircky, had served me well for the past 7 years.  We had painted, we had changed out the blinds to nice bamboo blinds, almost every light in the place was replaced with cooler/safer lighting, we had added storage to the kitchen; it was my pefect apartment...until it wasn't.  So I bought a house.  

Well, between the process of buying the house, moving in, being host to my sister and brother in-law while they closed on their home and trying to just get settled in, my blog took a back seat.  So, I wanted to post a few pics of my new kitchen (new appliances, more space, more counter work space, more than 1 electrical outlet and an actual pantry...I really love my kitchen) to kick off the first blog entry of the year and get back on track with posting a bit more frequently than every six months.  








Enjoy the foods of your labor. :-)

No comments: