Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gone to the dogs...

If you know me at all, you know that I have a soft spot for animals (my fur babies are my pride and joy).  So it is only natural to visit blogs that feature fur babies as well.

One of the blogs that I follow involving adorable dogs, Two Pitties in the City, is having a fund raiser raffle for a deserving little pittie named Khloe (formerly known as Shy).  Now, if you go to the link and read her story have a tissue ready (I still tear up when I read it), but take heart; this little girl's story has a happy ending in the fact she has found a forever home.  

Due to the hardships that Khloe faced early on, not being treated for her diabetes, she is in danger of losing her sight completely.  In order to help the family and ensure that Khloe has the best life possible, a donation page was started (click here for the ChipIn Link) in order for her to get the surgery she needs.  The surgery is $2000 and with all of the contributions they are almost there.

The big push in this dog-athon came in the form of a raffle; a $10 donation buys you a ticket and the opportunity to win some really really cool stuff (I have posted the link at the end of the blog entry for more information).  I donated early on, but I wanted to do something extra...I am donating one of the "Everyday" raffle prizes.  

My Everyday Prize donation...homemade dog treats (by yours truly), with cookie cutters, and the recipe (plus another lil surprise in the box in the form of my choosen packing materials).

Dog treats in mason jars, with cookie cutters and recipes

Closeup of "Doggie Cheese Treats with corresponding cookie cutters"
Closeup of "Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits with corresponding cookie cutter"
If you have questions on this raffle prize, please feel free to leave a comment and I will respond back to it as soon as possible.
  
Don't be "Shy", give a little today.  :-)

Enjoy the foods of your labor.  :-)


PS...Here are a few links that you might want to head over to
Khloe's Facebook Page 
Khloe's ChipIn Donation Page 
Khloe's (fka Shy) Story
Khloe's (fka Shy) Surgery 
Khloe's Raffle  This will give you info on prizes and how to submit your donation to be entered in the raffle
Two Pitties in the City

3 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

Yeah! Thanks again for everything!

Dorene said...

We also follow two pitties in the city and donated to Khloe/Shy's surgery. We were saddened to learn she had passed on, but happy that she was loved at the end of her life.

I was wondering if you would share your recipe for th edog biscuits. I have one, and our dog loves it, but I'm always up for new recipes.

Thanks and great blog.

Trissi_V said...

@Dorene...check out the blog next week. I plan on posting the 2 recipes Monday or Tuesday. :-)