Thursday, December 1, 2011

Post-Thanksgiving Pictures...

Thanksgiving Dinner


I hope everyone had an outstanding Thanksgiving.  This year Sean and I spent Thanksgiving at home, so I decided to keep things simple and delicious by going with a roasted chicken dinner fit for any Sunday table.  Here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving...


Hello, little roasted chicken...you look tasty


The sauce that is suppose to go over the chicken...I liked it over the potatoes too
Meet the sides...sauteed asparagus, mashed potatoes and again the tasty sauce w/ carrots and onions
Here's the chicken after resting...it was exhausted.
Every bit of this plate is home cooked right down to the little popover that didn't quite pop in the back. 

and last but not least my all time favorite dessert, which I had baked the night before...

Pumpkin Pie
This is the all time best pumpkin pie you will ever bake...its the Eagle Brand Milk Traditional pumpkin pie recipe.

Traditional Pumpkin Pie
from Eagle Brand Milk labels/cookbooks

For printable recipe, please click here 

1 (9in) unbaked pie crust
1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice* (this was my mother's addition, it makes it MORE SPICY)
½ tsp salt

Preheat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, combine all the filling ingredients, mix well. Pour the pumpkin mixture into prepped unbaked pie crust. Place in the oven (be careful not to slosh) and bake for 15 min. Reduce the heat to 350°F and bake another 35 to 40 min. (use a toothpick or knife to test the pie; if it comes out clean, its done). Cool before cutting. Garnish the pie or each slice with whipped cream or your desired topping. Refrigerate leftovers.




I have made this pie so much that I think I could make it in my sleep.  This is truly my favorite dessert EVER!  Also, this is the pest pumpkin pie you will ever taste.  Trust me.


Enjoy the foods of your labor!  :-)

4 comments:

Dining Alone said...

Everything looks delicious and I spy some cute Pyrex on your table!

Marilyn said...

Your dinner looks absolutely yummy!
Great job!
Hugs, Mom

Trissi_V said...

Dining Alone: Thank you so much for noticing my cute Pyrex. I love the vintage stuff and plan to do a blog post about it soon.

Mom: Thanks mom...it was yummy! :-)

Chris said...

That's a great spread and the turkey looks terrific.