Friday, February 18, 2011

It's one of those weeks...

I am having one of those weeks where nothing seems to be turning out.  All week I have meant to post my cheddar cracker recipe...hasn't happened.  Then I was working on another soup blog entry...its still incomplete.  Then I forgot to take pictures of my virgin vodka sauce I made a few nights ago (turned into a vodka sauce after I tasted it and said to myself or to the cat, "This tastes like a vodka sauce, without the vodka..." the cat was speechless, since I am pretty sure she had drank all the vodka earlier; Chablis is a mean drunk).  Did I mention I forgot to write down the virgin vodka sauce recipe and my fingers still smell like garlic 2 days later...*sigh*

Since I am missing pics and have incomplete entries and recipes in my head that I have forgotten to write down; I am going to talk about one of my favorite things in the kitchen...my whisks.

 
My Beautiful Whisks

What you see above are my four favorite whisks at the ready to beat, mix, whip, stir, etc. etc.  I would say that they are all used at least once a week if not more.  The power of these untensils is amazing.  With the larger whisks I no longer worry about recipes that tell me to sift ingredients together...I whisk them together.  I no longer worry about my rues becoming lumpy and burning....my flat whisk comes to the rescue.  All my whisks were chosen to serve multiple purposes in my kitchen life.  I know for a fact that I can beat whipping cream by hand to soft peaks after a few minutes (ok...more than that, but I can still do it).  

I think out of all of my whisks, my flat whisk is my favorite...its the best in a sauce pan, in a skillet or stirring milk so it won't burn when you are trying to make hot chocolate.

Do you have a favorite whisk?  Leave a comment :-)


In the mean time, I am looking forward to whisking up breakfast tomorrow.
Enjoy for the foods of your labor  :-)


So you can put a face with a name...this is Chablis

No comments: